DaTribe Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just click your heels together 3 times....

2 posters

Go down

Just click your heels together 3 times.... Empty Just click your heels together 3 times....

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:15 am

and say, I wish I was home. I wish I was home. I wish I was home.

I ran across this article that I thought I'd share with everyone. I for one would love to see these two back with the Tribe. Yeah, I'm getting nostalgic as I get older...

y Bob Nightengale, USA TODAY
PHOENIX — Manny Ramirez will be back in Los Angeles Monday to renew his love affair with the city, but before his career ends he hopes to be reunited with his first love: the Cleveland Indians.
"I would like to play for Cleveland one more time, to go back where I started," said Ramirez, with the Dodgers playing their home opener Monday against the San Francisco Giants at Dodger Stadium. "I have so many good memories there, why not?

"I think to go back where you started is everyone's dream."

FOUR-OUT PLAY: Wolf helps Dodgers down D'backs
INDIANS: Beat Jays for first win of season
Ramirez, 37, who spent the first 10 years of his career in the Indians organization, shared his sentiments this spring with Chicago White Sox DH Jim Thome. They were teammates in Cleveland from 1993 to 2000, but each departed when the Indians were outbid in free agency. Ramirez left after the 2000 season for an eight-year, $160 million contract with the Boston Red Sox. Thome signed a six-year, $85 million contract after the 2002 season with the Philadelphia Phillies and, after a 2005 trade, is in his final year with the White Sox.

Thome and Ramirez each might be eligible for free agency this winter if Ramirez opts out of his two-year contract. And if they become free agents, Ramirez told Thome, they should both consider returning to Cleveland.

"Manny was very sincere when he brought that up to me," Thome said. "Manny was saying how special that would be for us to both go back together. He was very passionate. Baseball's such a weird thing. You never know what's going to happen."

If Ken Griffey Jr. can return to the Seattle Mariners, Ramirez says, he and Thome could make a last stop in Cleveland before their careers end.

"Me and Thome back in Cleveland?" Ramirez said. "That would be sweet.

"I love L.A. I really do. But the way the city responded to me, it reminded me a lot of how it was in Cleveland."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2009-04-12 -manny-ramirez-indians_N.htm

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

Just click your heels together 3 times.... Empty Re: Just click your heels together 3 times....

Post  dtgoldie Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Heard about Manny as well, J (but the Thome news is new to me). Unfortunately, at some point, I assume you realized who owns the cleveland Indians. I have to assume Thome and Manny would want cash to come back.

dtgoldie

Back to top Go down

Just click your heels together 3 times.... Empty Re: Just click your heels together 3 times....

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:22 pm

I would have to believe that Manny and Jim realize Scrooge owns the team and if they'd return it would be for the service mans discount.

I mused prior to this season how Cleveland should have gone balls to the wall and got Manny, Jim, Kenny, Bartolo and all the old timers just to pack the house every night.

My musings weren't heard Goldie, again!

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum