DaTribe Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hafner's On Pace

3 posters

Go down

Hafner's On Pace Empty Hafner's On Pace

Post  bads85 Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:45 pm

To hit 97 Hrs. At least he is hitting -- this team is going to need all the offfense it can get.

bads85

Back to top Go down

Hafner's On Pace Empty Re: Hafner's On Pace

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 am

[b]The #1 question is: what's the over/ under on games this season in which Wedge is to be fired? Not that Shaps doesn't deserve a pink slip for the slop pitching staff he's giving us to watch, the Tribe IMO needs a facelift, a new look, a different direction. Shapiro has been a zero too. Yes, Shaps has made good moves but they are good moves by trading away all stars and Cy Young Award winners for to-be Minor League stars. Anyone can make those moves. It's all his BAD decisions that have cost the Tribe. As of right now this is the worst the pitching has looked since that peice of shit Dolan bought the club.

This may be a ba'ad team for quite some time. Then again, Shaps did do a number on the Dodgers in the Blake trade that no one even discusses. I'll leave it at that since only JP prollie knows what I'm talking about.

Longorias on pace to hit 162 HR's this season. .484, 5 HR, 10 RBI. Think he'll win P.O.T.W.?

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

Post  rmaistros Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Allen Barra in the Wall Street Journal focuses a lot on lucky/unlucky teams. The Tribe over the last week has to be one of the unluckiest teams in baseball, between incredible plays against them and other bad things happening to them. I have to think that some of this is going to even out.

Up to now, surprisingly, I don't see a lot that Wedge is doing wrong. He has stuck with two players I would have put at the end of the bench/bullpen -- Hafner and Masa -- and both have come through.

But maybe all his past sins will come to roost this year, and he will get fired for a poor performance that doesn't seem to be quite as much his fault.

rmaistros

Back to top Go down

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am

Remembering back to the John Hart era he used to replace 20% of the team each season. Sometimes without change a team can become stagnent, especially in the Wedge situation in which the team operates under a self imposed budget.

I for one believe a change is needed with the Tribe and am in favor of Wedge getting his pink slip. Not due to his performance as Shaps hasn't given E- much to work with this season, change is just sometimes good. My belief is now is the time.

The youth movement amungst coaches has swept across the NFL as well as MLB. I can't for the life of me figure out who the heck is out there that could steer this vessel. Where's DAn when you need him?

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum