DaTribe Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Pick'em

2 posters

Go down

You Pick'em Empty You Pick'em

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am

We're dealing with a dilemma on a differnet board I frequent. The subject is choose who you would put in each of the following positions if your city was awarded a MLB baseball team.

1 - Owner

2- GM

3- Manager

4- SP -

5- RP -

6- Position player -

7- Prostpect -

Choose anyone you want I'll fill in my choices tomorrow. No one will be chastised, brandished or burned at the stake. However, these are great forums to look at others viewpoints and jointly assemble the best possible choices at each position above. Feel free to comment on "why" you chose who you did.

Let's get this board hopp'n gentlemen!

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

You Pick'em Empty Am I talking to myself here?

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 pm

1 - Owner - OK, my pick for owner is between one of two. I'll either take Mark Cuban or Nintendo who have the open wallet policy. Not to go out and get free agents, but to hang onto the great players that come through the organization.

2- GM - I'd hire a duo of M.I.T. professors that would analyze every stat top to bottom, strengths, weaknesses, probability of injury, and most cost effective players. The decision would ultimately be made by Gerry Hunsicker after brandishing reports.

3- Manager- Joe Maddon. He is the best communicator since Adrosol, that's Lasorda spelled backward. While most players hate to be called into a managers office, in TB they look forward to it. A true turn of the century baseball philosopher.

4- SP - If I had to start with one it would be Johan Santana.

5- RP - Starting a new team my answer would be different, but Mariano is the fucking man!

6- Position player - Evan Longoria or Grady Sizemore. Both are iconic players who the chicks dig, the media loves, and are true gentlemen.

7- Prostpect - Strasburg form SDSU. As MC HAmmer says, "Can't Touch this." Hitting in the upper 90's with his heater consistantly while reaching 103? Only one word to use there, "DAMN!"

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

You Pick'em Empty Re: You Pick'em

Post  dtgoldie Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:29 am

J-'Knows Baseball' wrote:We're dealing with a dilemma on a differnet board I frequent. The subject is choose who you would put in each of the following positions if your city was awarded a MLB baseball team.

1 - Owner
Mark Cuban - money and wants to win. Nuff said
2- GM

Doesn't matter, so long as owner has money and wants to win. Forced to choose, I'll go Billy Beane

3- Manager

see above, and I really don't care and wont choose. All the same

4- SP -
Johann Santana

5- RP -
Joe Nathan

6- Position player -
For one season, give me Manny, for the longhaul, I'll take David Wright

7- Prostpect -

Anyone the Tribe says is can't miss. They're never wrong, right?

Choose anyone you want I'll fill in my choices tomorrow. No one will be chastised, brandished or burned at the stake. However, these are great forums to look at others viewpoints and jointly assemble the best possible choices at each position above. Feel free to comment on "why" you chose who you did.

Let's get this board hopp'n gentlemen!

dtgoldie

Back to top Go down

You Pick'em Empty Re: You Pick'em

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum