DaTribe Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9-1, and all isn't well..

2 posters

Go down

9-1, and all isn't well.. Empty 9-1, and all isn't well..

Post  J-'Knows Baseball' Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:31 am

Yesterday ended up being a good day. While I was looking forward to the ALCS match up that was rained out, my bad fortune turned good as the Tribe vs. Rangers was the replacemant game on ESPN II.

What I saw? Cliff's mechanics are there. His pitch location was as atrocious as his ST games. Kevin Millwood had Cleveland hitters baffled all game. There was no game ball to hand out. It was only 1 game, let's move on and hope Fausto can bring it home today.

I will say this about the Rangers, they looked and played well. Their ranked #1 in Minor League baseball and their new SS, Andrus is as slick as they come. Hitting wise Texas has smashers in the line up. While the Rangers don't go deep in their starting rotation, their offense and defense is stellar. This may be the surprise team of 2009 if they continue to play like they did yesterday.

Then again, it was only 1 game, but I was impressed.

J-'Knows Baseball'

Back to top Go down

9-1, and all isn't well.. Empty Re: 9-1, and all isn't well..

Post  datrb2008 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:09 am

J-'Knows Baseball' wrote:Yesterday ended up being a good day. While I was looking forward to the ALCS match up that was rained out, my bad fortune turned good as the Tribe vs. Rangers was the replacemant game on ESPN II.

What I saw? Cliff's mechanics are there. His pitch location was as atrocious as his ST games. Kevin Millwood had Cleveland hitters baffled all game. There was no game ball to hand out. It was only 1 game, let's move on and hope Fausto can bring it home today.

I will say this about the Rangers, they looked and played well. Their ranked #1 in Minor League baseball and their new SS, Andrus is as slick as they come. Hitting wise Texas has smashers in the line up. While the Rangers don't go deep in their starting rotation, their offense and defense is stellar. This may be the surprise team of 2009 if they continue to play like they did yesterday.

Then again, it was only 1 game, but I was impressed.

Luckily, the Tribe will have an extra day to lick their wounds. Game 2 of the series isn't until Wednesday. I see that CC Sabathia didn't fare too well in his debut either. Let's hope this isn't a continuing trend...or this could be a very looooong season.
datrb2008
datrb2008

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum